1. That the only state in India having two official state languages is Goa with Konkani and Marathi.
2. That Goa is the smallest state of India having a national highway road span of only 120 km N to S and around 80 kms E to W.
3. That Goas’ official language, Konkani, is the only Indian language that is written in two scripts, Devnagri and Roman English script.
4. That Goa is the only state where the state road transport is named after an old age dynasty called Kadamba.
5. That Goa is the second state after Orissa where the world famous Olive Ridley Turtles come to lay their eggs on Morjim beach.
6. That Goa is the state having the whole non-decompos-ing miraculous remains of St Francis Xavier at old Goa.
7. That Goa is the only Indian state with an active and enforced uniform Civil Code implemented by the Portuguese.
8. That if you are a Goan you can avail of Portuguese Nationality Passport.
9. That the first printing press of Asia was installed in Goa at St Pauls’ college in 1556.
10. That the first medical school of India was established in Goa set up in 1842 at Panaji, demolished in 2004.
11. That Goa is exporting 60% of Indias’ Mineral Ore to Japan.
12. That Goa is the first state in India to permanently host the international film festival.
13. That Goa is the only place where one can hire a two wheeler taxi called “pilots.”
14. That Goas’ only airport is military airport of the Navy.
15. That the one and only one Naval Aviation Museum of Asia is located at Vasco in Goa.
16. That India has only two temples dedicated to the Brahma of the Hindu Trinity. One is in Rajasthan and other in Goa; 17.7 km from Valpoi in the village of Carambolim Brahma Temple.
17. That Mumbai owes its daily bread to Goa more precisely, to migrant bakers from Saligao and Siolim who brought with them the blessed Pao to Mumbai.
18. That Goa, even though the smallest state in India, has the highest bank saving deposit.
19. That Asias’ only floating casino is launched in Goas’ coastal waters at Panaji harbour known as “Caravela.”
20. That Indias’ largest laterite stone carving of St. Mirabai is at ancestral Goa at Loutolim village.
21. That Goa is the only state of India having the highest forest destiny cover of 33% of total land mass.
22. That the first English medium high school in Goa was established in 1896 at St. Josephs’ High School, Arpora.
23. Goa is the first state in India werein one can register car, bike or other vehicle on line from the dealers directly which started in June ’06 and one need not go to R.T.O. for registration.
PROUD TO BE GOAN!